Wetland maintenance is relatively simple. A few tasks must be completed periodically to keep the wetland in good working order.
- Maintain pumps and outfall pipes moving water into the wetlands
- Remove animal pests. Beavers and/or nutria from wetlands if they invade, because they will disrupt hydrology and short-circuiting treatment efficiency
- Remove plant pests. Willows (Salix sp.) and other deep-rooted species should be removed from the wetland at regularly timed intervals
- Clear vegetation from outlet pipes at end of wetland cells
- Remove sediment from forebays or stilling ponds